Saturday, July 30, 2016

Qualities of a Good Leader




In anywhere of any constitution, to have a good leader is important to ensure productivity and satisfaction in the working world.

So, what does it takes to be a good leader?

1. Able to build relationships with co-workers
2. Clear communication with everyone
3. Inspiring others
4. Trusting co-worker's ability
5. Giving recognition 
6. Integrity
7. Giving support and encouragement
8. Focus on team - not self-glorifying
9. A good listener
10. Visionary - having a plan and a goal to achieve; and daring to make the change.


There are so many a good leader should be. I was lucky to be able to work with one of the good leader. She was my ex-principal in the previous school. She has now retired and enjoying her quality life with her beloved family.

Madam Khoo Ai Hiang on her retirement day

She builds good relationship with all teachers in the school. Everyone respects her as the leader of the school. She's also a practical person who doesn't waste much time on unnecessary things. High in integrity and a good listener, she doesn't go against the right principles and always make sure to listen to all parties before making a decision. 
     As a young teacher that time, she guided me slowly and did not look down on my weakness. She gave me the encouragement to do what is best for the students. 
    One of the best thing that she did for me was to encourage me to change my workplace. At first, I felt like....oh....am I not good enough? But she told me the reason to not stay stagnant. She believed in my capabilities and thus told me to venture out there and expose myself more to other environment with promising opportunities
    As of this moment, I have achieved quite a lot in areas she meant. I am truly grateful to have a great leader like her. Even after her retirement, she still gives her support in a very simple way, which is through the social media like Facebook. Small gestures, but big impact. Thank you, Madam Khoo!






No comments:

Post a Comment