Friday, July 29, 2016

Once Upon a Time : Of Birthday and Essay


Years had passed but I can still remember the times where I spent my time in the kampung with the students. We don't have many things, unlike in towns, but we have one thing maybe the town lacks; relationship. Sometimes, I really reminiscence the fun times I had with my students there.
     One of the thing which I really remembered was throwing a surprise birthday party for my student (2012). I was preparing them for SPM. Giving them the chance to feel and experience was one of the thing in my bucket list for lessons.
     Coincidentally, one of my student's birthday fell on that week itself. So, I decided to throw a surprise birthday for him. I bought the cake, planned it with the parent whose house they opened for me to teach that group of students weekly, and of course planned with some of the students (except the birthday boy).

Of birthday boy and essay~ Haha~


   
Objective:
 To write an essay entitled "An Unforgettable Experience ".

Logic:
To 'see' the flow of the essay. Students tend to write plots as they like - not chronological which will throw the whole story off.
I intend to let them write their experience on this.

Steps:
1. Planning of execution (1 week ahead)
2. Starts the lesson normally (on the day itself)
3. 30 minutes before class ends, tell them lesson's done and they can  rest. This is the time to carry out the plan.
4. Birthday Surprise!!! - Switch off lights, bringing in the cake, sing songs, etc.
5. Party!~~~
6. Calm them down - ask how do they feel? etc...
7. Now, tell them the objective >> ESSAY! HAHA!
8. Guide them by recalling the process of that surprise party.
9. Students bring the essay home to do.

It was a great night to end the day, that time~


Eating cherries after songs and wishes


His way of saying thanks~ 
P/s: Please ignore the paper plate that was blown to me ^^'''



   

No comments:

Post a Comment