Thursday, October 13, 2016

Graffiti to Story: Round the World in 60 Minutes

Who says art is useless and only for the creative minds?
Look at what can be done with  art + 'just-do-it, no-sweat' attitude~


This idea actually came up quite randomly....ad-hoc...wasn't planned. My actual plan was to use dictionary and do discussion. But when I saw them doodling endlessly on the board, my lightbulb ding-ed! Haha!

From a list of vocab to doodling on the blackboard till it became a big piece of art. Yeah, yeah... they enjoyed drawing on the blackboard. ^^'''

At first, they thought that it was just the usual vocab lesson but when I told them to create a story out of their 'graffiti', they gasp! HOTS! Linking all the pictures which doesn't look like linked to each other. But, they made it with a little guidance. And this activity got them overwhelmed and speaking out! Plus, their teamwork as a class got better since they have to discuss about what they drew and coming up with just one story.

Here's their story:
    I am from Malaysia. I like travelling. The first place I traveled to was the 'Sushi Land' which is Japan. There were many people in Japan. The Japanese like to eat sushi and ramen. They eat sushi and ramen in the restaurant. I enjoyed travelling around in Japan.
    Then, I flew to Saudi Arabia. I enjoyed eating kebab the most there. The people in Saudi Arabia speaks Arabian. I did not understand the language. At the hotel, the bell boy spoke something to me in Arabian. As I did not understand, I walked away. But, someone translated them for me and I got a shock to hear them. I ran away as quick as possible. (hahahaha! ^^''')
    After a few days in Saudi Arabia, I flew to India, the "sayur-land". Many Indians were vegetarians. I did not enjoy the food there because I do not like to eat vegetables. So, I always felt hungry in India. Before leaving,I bought a sari for myself.
    Wearing a sari, I flew to the Philippines. I was so hungry. So, I stopped at a shop to buy some bread. I need to use peso to pay up. When I was at the counter, the cashier thought that I was a Korean and said "Anyeonghaseyo" and bowed to me.

Okay, I know it sounded funny. But they did their best already! There were a few other versions in between. It's not that bad after all, right? They can actually create a story out of doodles~



No comments:

Post a Comment